Contributions to Music Education is a refereed journal published by the Ohio Music Education Association. A primary purpose is to highlight the importance of social science research, as related to progressive music teaching and learning in school contexts. With a history of 50+ years and 450+ articles in 48 volumes, CME has supported scholarly investigation into music education since 1972. The print journal is available throughout the US and numerous countries internationally. Digital search and content are distributed through the major academic databases JSTOR, PROQUEST, EBSCO, ERIC, and RILM. Published 1-2 times yearly for over five decades, CME is currently produced as an annual print and digital double issue.
Contributions to Music Education seeks nominations for regional, national, and international members of the editorial review board. Candidates are selected primarily for recognized expertise in the field of music education and research. Members are seated by May 2024 for a 4-year term, from September 2024 to 2028.
Background and Qualifications
- Nominees should be current or retired music teacher educators or professors at the collegiate level.
- Graduate level teaching experience with an understanding of research writing protocols is preferred.
- Nominees should have a record of peer-reviewed research publication in the field of music education.
- Prior experience as a member of a journal editorial review board is also useful and preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct thorough blind reviews of manuscripts submitted to CME for publication consideration.
- Return reviews in a timely way, with detailed and helpful feedback to author/s, by the specified date.
- Encourage qualified authors to submit research manuscripts to Contributions to Music Education.
- Provide input and advice on multiple facets of scholarly evaluation and related protocols at CME.
Application and Review
- Interested applicants should send a curriculum vitae and one-page letter of background and interest.
- Prepare the digital submission as a single PDF, with the cover letter followed by curriculum vitae.
- Candidates will be selected by review of the CME Editorial Board, Editor, and Associate Editor.
- After materials review and vote, applicants will be notified of results and standing by the CME Editor.